Post on: Feb. 11, 2011
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Full-time: Good salary, two bonuses and stock options, good benefits
This role requires 5-6+ years experience as a Project Manager in a Professional Services, Consulting or Software company environment. Candidates must possess a proven ability to deliver complex enterprise software solutions to external clients on time/on budget. Candidates must have worked in financial services within the Insurance Industry.
The Project Manager has a proven ability to manage projects in the $1-2M+ range; has significant experience with project management methodology/practices; and is able to communicate at both a business and a technical level with external clients, project team members, and senior management.
The Project Manager will be responsible for solidifying the banking practice, preparing customer proposals, project plans, and resource assignments, understanding the clientfs products and services and committing to a high degree of service to our customers.
- The Project Manager's key mandate is the successful delivery of the Clientfs projects to clients in the Banking and Financial industry. From the preparation of Statements of Work through to Post-Mortem Project Reviews, the Project Manager will plan the project, assess resource requirements, manage client relations, manage the execution of project tasks, and ensure on-time/on-budget delivery of project commitments.
Key project management activities:
- Develop and finalize Statements of Work (SOWs), ensure all contractual paperwork is signed/countersigned
- Participate in client meetings and high-level requirements gathering during the Inception phase of a project
- Develop the Project Charter including project control mechanisms and tools, communication plan and acceptance criteria with key project stakeholders
- Execute key project management tasks of planning, estimating, resourcing, managing utilization, budgeting, scheduling, reporting, tracking and monitoring
- Communicate with Business Analysts to ensure completeness and accuracy of detailed business requirements
- Manage scope, risk, quality and issues, including Issue/Risk Escalation Process
- Manage project change control process including the preparation, negotiation and management of Project Change Requests (PCR's)
- Participate in Product Enhancement Requests (PER) priority setting and scheduling
- Communicate release cycle plans to client
- Forecast, budget, and manage actual vs. planned
- Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to the Clientfs project team members
- Manage project team on-site and off-site to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews for the Clientfs project team members
- Establish production support approach and method
- Plan overall knowledge transfer to client resources
- Participate in the continued development of Clientfs Knowledgebase, Methodology and standard templates
- Plan resource skill development for Professional Services team members
- Ensure that Professional Services members, senior management, and internal departments, are updated on project status, proactively identifying, resolving, or escalating issues that impact the success of a project, or the relationship with a client.
Resource Management accountabilities:
- Ensure that Professional Services resources are properly utilized, mentored, and assigned, to successfully complete project tasks and promote continuous learning and career growth.
- Provide assistance to the Sales organization in a pre-sales capacity as required. Support pre-sales through the preparation of custom demos and Services presentations to prospects.
- Prepare preliminary estimates; assess project scope to support sales effort. Create and deliver project-specific client presentations.
Learning Strategies and Programs:
- Ensure that employees are given proper tools and opportunities to facilitate continuous learning and performance improvement.
- 5-10 years experience in Project Management leading enterprise software solution projects for external clients. Must have PM experience from an enterprise software point of view -- must have been involved in implementation from start to finish. This is key to the position.
- Experience in managing accounts and external client relationships, including identification of new services and training opportunities
- Knowledge of project planning and scheduling methods and tools
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and other standard software project management techniques
- Ability/willingness to travel to locations in North America and Europe
- Must be a Canadian citizen or possess a B1 visa facilitating work for US-based clients
- Experience in insurance
- Knowledge of core banking systems such as Fidelity, Hogan, Argo
- Knowledge of SOA, J2EE
- PMP an asset
If interested, please contact Jet Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org .